My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Finally - Peace Between the Sisters

As I started to write this entry, with Cheyenne and Dakota asleep on the livingroom floor in front of me, Cheyenne started to cry in her sleep. It was one of those soft but long cries and Dakota woke with a start. I saw her out of the corner of my eye as she looked to me for reassurance that Cheyenne was okay. Alas, I didn't make eye contact because I wanted to see what she was going to do. While ignoring Cheyenne's cries and Dakota's eye contact, Dakota got up and slowly walked over to Cheyenne. She then bent down, sniffed her, and then nudged her muzzle slightly. Cheyenne slowly woke from her bad dream and Dakota, satisfied that her baby sister was not in any danger, walked back over to where she was originally, laid down, and went back to sleep. Yes, I can now say without a shadow of a doubt that my girls are finally getting over the annoyance stage with each other.

We aren't sure if it is because Cheyenne is now 17 weeks old and finally starting to lose her baby teeth that Dakota is now treating her as her sister rather than a annoying gnat. Whatever it is, it is finally calming down in our house. Okay, the word calm is wrong because Dakota has also taken off her gloves when playing with Cheyenne and both are playing quite rougher with each other. They are slowly equaling the playing curve and the pleasure of having two Labrador Retrievers in the house is slowly being realized. We are standing strong that we wont get another puppy but we are sure glad we have the two.

~Shan
http://www.8pawsup.com

Our Chocolate Lab Girls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home