My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Dakota!

I couldn't let the day go by without wishing my big baby, Dakota, a very happy birthday! We have had her since she was a 8-week old puppy and now she is an 83 lbs., almost full-grown, chocolate Labrador retriever - dare I say it? - adult! Yep - she is a 1-year old as of today and we are amazed at how much she has grown but still wonder how many years of puppy energy she will have left. Sure, it was cute when she was 8-weeks old - bouncing off the walls and such. But now, having an 83 lbs. lab with all of that energy is cause for bruised knees and some broken furniture. She has no idea how big she is and still runs into me full force as if I am a sheet of paper blowing in the wind.

And to think, Cheyenne is now 27 lbs. and 15 weeks old! Better get some ice for my knees cause there will be two 80+ lbs. Bruisers running around our house in no time flat! Maybe we can keep bribing them with treats like we bought today - doggie apple birthday cake, doggie brownie (huge), and some all natural doggie cookies. Hmm, now that I think about it - that may have them running at me more! :)

Happy 1st Birthday to our big sweetie! Life just wouldn't be the same without you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home