My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

What a Surprise!!

I love when you don't expect something from your dog and they amaze you! Even though both of our girls are well trained, there are some things we never even thought to teach them. So, we were absolutely amazed today when we went through our normal Sunday routine of doggy ice cream.

You see, we go food shopping on Sunday mornings and when we return, we give both pups a Purina Frosty Paws dog ice cream. With the sun shining, the girls enjoyed their favorite treat in the backyard. Of course, we never give anything to the brats unless we are watching them. So, as I was putting away groceries, I kept an eye on them from our kitchen window. Shortly after, I look out of the window and grab my husband's attention - which, was already on the site outside!


Chocolate Labrador Retriever Female - Dakota

Here comes Dakota, towards the backdoor with the empty ice cream cup in her mouth. She was bringing it to us to let us know she was finished. She was cleaning up after herself!!! It wasn't like she was chewing on it - she was actually delivering the empty container to my husband who was right inside the back door! Let me just say that my husband praised her like he has never praised her before and all of a sudden, he was standing with a straighter back; being very proud of daddy's girl.


Chocolate Labrador Retriever Female - Cheyenne

There was no way Cheyenne was going to be left out in the cold! (She is mommy's girl!) I watched her finish up her ice cream, leave the container on the grass, and head slowly to the back door. I rushed to stop her, opened the door, told her to go get her ice cream and bring it to me. As I pointed out to it in the yard, I used my "excited voice" to make it into a game. It took 3 times for her to catch on and although she did chew on it for a couple of seconds once she got back to it, I was able to use that same voice to get her to bring it all the way back to me and drop it at my feet. We were both so excited and even though she didn't bring it on her own like Dakota did, she did bring it back to me... without eating it first!

Way to go girls!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home