My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Dog Pools??

The Internet is overflowing with information, much as needed as the dust bunnies under your fridge. Do I sound frustrated? I should be! Usually I can find anything and everything on the Internet within a couple of clicks and yet I am highly confused by the lack of information on dog pools in our area.

With Dakota's recent diagnosis of CHD (Canine Hip Dysplasia), I have been devouring all the information I can find on the topic. Almost every article points out the positive effects of exercise on dogs with CHD and how swimming is the best form of exercise as it allows the leg muscles to build and strengthen while limiting the amount of weight bared by the joints. So, I turned to the Internet to find information on dog pools or dog beaches in our area and cannot find even one listing. The only places that allow dogs to swim is the last day of the season in our county pools but there doesn't even seem to be a local pet retailer that has this available. Heck, they have them in New York City but don't have them in the middle of the country, where we have tons of doggy daycares.

Of course, I want to do everything to make sure Dakota stays healthy, even with such a diagnosis. So, I am turning to you wonderful visitors of our blog - do you know where there is a dog pool or rehabilitation center in or near Milwaukee, Wisconsin? If so, we would appreciate it if you could leave a comment with further information.... Any information... Thanks!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, there is a new place in Janesville that opened in August '06 and it's called "Dunkin Dawgs." They have a 8'-20' swim jet pool that is heated. They have website that explains it all...www.dunkindawgsh2o.com. I haven't been there yet but it looks like a good option for this winter. Hope this helps!!

Mark (newly rescued lab owner)

September 28, 2006 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home