My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 19, 2007

What am I thinking??

Every once in a while, I like to check out our Lab breeder's website to see what's new. Now before you go off on me, I will fully stand up for the fact that our Lab Brats came from a breeder and were not rescues. Why? Honestly, I am allergic to come breeds of dog and you can never tell with rescues what they are mixed with. Now, pushing that conversation aside, let's get back on topic.

Upon looking at her page, I noticed that she has a black and chocolate litter due in mid-February. My heart raced at the thought of another little chocolate puppy running around our house and annoying the heck out of Cheyenne (getting her back for all that time she tormented Dakota with those sharp puppy teeth). Then my smile turned to a laugh. I have got to be joking!! The thought of heavy wagging tails that bruise my legs, having many objects in my house chewed, housebreaking every 2 hours in the freezing cold Wisconsin winter, sharp little shark teeth, and so on, came flooding back to me. Sure, we love Lab puppies and don't regret our girls one bit but we haven't been over that stage for more than 6 months and after having back-to-back puppies in our house, I think we need a break. Lab pups are not for the weak spirited and I am far from weak spirited. However, I am smart minded and will sit back and enjoy what I currently have thank-you-very-much. *laugh*

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paulina said...

Hi Sianan I have been a lurker for awhile and am the proud owner of a chocolate. I have been having puppy fever for a few months, but then I think of the puppy stage (the not so fun parts). Our lab is 5.5 yrs old and so mellow we were lucky she has been a pretty much mellow dog--except for seperation anxiety issue. We replaces alot of dry wall during that phase.

Hopefully the puppy fever will pass.

January 25, 2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also have had cases of "puppy fever" come and go because the little critters are so darn cute! We have two chocolate girls and their wagging tails and wiggling butts can easily clear a coffee table in a second! We did have three, but due to a recent tragedy, we now only have two. Because of this, I can now see that two is a more manageable number due to the size of our house, the size of the yard, etc. etc. Two is perfect, three is overwhelming. I must CONTROL this puppy fever thing! I enjoy your blog. Please come and visit mine....http://musingsfromtheleftcoast.blogspot.com/....love to see ya.

Lucy's Mom

January 30, 2007 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home