My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Warm Chocolate Labs

With 110 degree heat index outside, you would think Dakota & Cheyenne want to stay in the nice cool central air condition! Well, that is partially true. Both girls will beg to go outside, just to lay on the hot concrete patio and bake in the sun. About 10 minutes later, they paw at the door to come in and crash immediately onto the ice cold kitchen Pergo floor. Why they don't lay in the shade outside or lay on the carpet inside, has got me stumped! I can't help but laugh as the Lab brats jump up once again to head outside, only to bake in the sun once more and start this cycle of hot-cold chocolate confusion.

My husband didn't want black Labs because, ironically, he felt bad for them when they were in the sun. He said it always looked like they were getting overheated. So, he decided on dark chocolate Labrador Retrievers. What's the difference? Not much really. Our girls still overheat but can't seem to break of the sun worshipping but live for life in the cold.

With her tongue hanging out of her freshly watered mouth, Cheyenne just came to wipe her chin on my pants leg and beg once more to go outside and melt in the summer sun. I wonder, am I the mom of this family or just the door lady for two spoiled Labs?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

That is too funny! Yes, I am just the door lady and they already have me very well trained. I keep having to tell my Dakota that I am alpha but she always tilts her head and smiles - as if to say "yeah right!". LOL

August 26, 2006 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home