My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Keeping Clam After Spay

I don't know about you but my Labrador Retriever's are anything but calm. They are both puppies and because of that, they have a ton of energy to be used during the day. That is why I am always shocked at how the veterinarian tells people who bring their Labs home after being spayed or neutered to keep the dogs calm for a week. A week? You are joking, right? I have Labs!

Needless to say, Cheyenne flipped out when she saw Dakota and I had to let her calm down a little before I could let Dakota out of her crate. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Well, that was until this morning when Cheyenne started roughing it up with Dakota right when the crates were open. Sure, Cheyenne cannot go outside to run around but nothing stops her from running in the house. We had to even block off the stairs because they were running up and down them. Usually though, she doesn't even go near the stairs, but I think she has so much energy from the 24-hours that she was cooped up in the vet's office that she needs to burn off.

Luckily, it is sunny out this morning so the sun is hitting the livingroom floor and the girls are basking in its heat. Alas, the sun won't stay there forever and the brats will be at the rough-housing once again. So, answer a question for me - why didn't they give me any sedatives? If not for Cheyenne.... for me? :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having the same problem now. I have give Ginger (my lab) many chew toys and hide to put her energy into that instead of romping around. Hope that helps.

March 07, 2008 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home