My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Puppy Prayers Please

Puss in Boots from Shrek
It was a difficult morning for Dakota and Cheyenne. They woke up bright and early, took off for their morning walk with daddy, and when they returned home they found their bowls empty. No food, no water. Dakota was to have a procedure to remove a growth on her elbow and get her teeth cleaned. The vet was stern in their approach of no food nor water after midnight and I had to hold my ground.

That was easier said then done. Cheyenne kept barking to demand she be fed and Dakota sulked around the house. They had no clue what was going on and I felt even worse when I had to lock Cheyenne in her crate so I could go and drop Dakota off. Normally the Lab Brats are not crated but since Cheyenne has never been home alone without Dakota, I didn't want to chance it.

Dakota and I arrived at the veterinarian around 8:15am and she was just being so sweet, looking up at me with those sad eyes, that I didn't want to leave her. I am telling you that her face can melt the coldest of hearts; it is something like the face of Puss in Boots from the movie Shrek. Our hearts always melt for her.

I returned home, fed Cheyenne, let her search the house up and down for her sister, and watched her settle into her sun spot in the living room. Sure, right now she is quite but the Lab Brats normally sleep all morning in the sun. The true fun will be when Cheyenne awakens this afternoon and remembers her sister is gone. I can see it now - high pitched barks and running around smelling everything for a few hours. Thank goodness Dakota comes home around 3:30pm today or I doubt Cheyenne would let us sleep.

So, since Dakota is now at the vet and going through her procedure today, we ask for many puppy prayers for an easy procedure and quick recovery. Thanks and doggy blessings!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have me and my chocolate labs blessing too. I hope Dakota does well and she gets better soon. Puppy blessing to you and your family.

November 06, 2007 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home