My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Hidden Bananas


Tough times call for tough action! The dogs must have their medication but Dakota is too stubborn to take it without a little enticing.

Normally we would use processed cheese slices to wrap up her pills but with the cost of food continuing to rise with no end in sight, purchasing sub-par processed cheese just to confuse the Lab Brats is costing us money we shouldn't have to be spending.

After some thought, I decided that the best way to still trick her into swallowing her pill while saving a few extra bucks is to share my own food. You see, every day I eat a good amount of fruit and the Labs LOVE fruit! What better fruit to hide a pill in then a banana!

So, I will tear off two small bits of my banana and shove their pill in each piece. Dakota doesn't even bother chewing bananas (yes, she can swallow a whole one if we let her) so she never even notices the pill is inside. I share a small bit of my banana, don't have to spend any extra money on unnecessary items, and the Labradors get their daily medication.

Ha! You think you are only getting a great treat when you are actually taking your medication. Take that Dakota!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful with fruit. My friend's dachs loved the fruit we gave him, but it gave him diabetes later on in life.

XOXO

Dog lover

October 27, 2008 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to brush your dog's teeth after the banana pill trick. The sugar from fruit may lead to dental disease. You might end up spending more on a dental cleaning than you saved with the banana.

October 29, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger thejoysofjess said...

My two labs just chomp up pills like the pills themselves are treats!

The oldest started right after her spay, and I think she was trying to get some of the "high" off of her painkiller back to be honest. The youngest one does it because the oldest does it!

November 02, 2008 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home