My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Lures and Labs



When the 2nd Annual Celebration of Pets Day rolled around our area, we couldn't just stay home and ignore all the fun to be had. So, I loaded up the Lab Brats and headed out to the festivities - by myself.

No, no mistake going by myself. I was prepared with prong collars to let the girls know that I was in charge and there was no yanking mommy's arms out of her sockets. Well, at least that is normally what is communicated when I put them on.

That was, well, until I brought them near the lure course. Unfortunately I didn't bring any cash because it was a free event but the lure course cost around $6 a shot. So, I thought I would be nice and just bring them up to the gate and point out the lure.

What a mistake that was!

As the lure passed in front of us, my Labrador Retrievers took off after it and dragged me along behind them... in the grass. Granted, it was only a couple of feet before the prongs told them to stop but it was enough to let me know that if I plan to attend this event again in the future, the Lab Brats will be insisting that I bring loads of cash for the lure course or risk another arm being dislocated at the shoulder and a bunch of humans laughing at me! *embarrassed laugh*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home