My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Morning Tea with Labs

Labrasmile Cheyenne

I am a woman of refined taste and only drink special teas that I must cool off the boiling water with an ice cube before adding to the tea itself. The process is a bit more involved then dropping a tea bag in a mug but who can blame me when the tea is awesome and the company while making the tea is never short of bringing a smile to my face.

No, I haven't gone off the deep end my friends. The smile that I enjoy every morning is on behalf of my wonderful Cheyenne. You see, when I go into the freezer and she hears me take out an ice cube, she runs to my side and gives me a huge Labrador smile. If you remember from earlier posts, she has a fascination with ice and loves to chew/eat ice.

It doesn't matter if the ice chunk is over 20lbs or a tiny ice cube; Cheyenne will enjoy it just the same. So, when I put my hand in to do my own retrieving, there is Cheyenne by my side waiting for her own ice cube. Of course, I oblige and off she trots to the indoor/outdoor mat (where they eat most of their messy treats) to give it a good chomping.

Within seconds, the ice cube has vanished and so has Cheyenne... back to lay next to her sister Dakota in their morning sun spots.

That is what life is all about. Two of the finest things in life; awesome tea and an awesome dog that always makes me smile.


PS - Thank you to all those that sent well wishes during my time with the flu. It seems that they worked as I am starting to feel much better. Again, much thanks!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I have a Golden Lab. He's 1 year old.I am wondering how much should I feed him. Can you please tell me? Will you please vist my blog. Megan

April 07, 2008 1:09 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Megan,

I really cannot answer this question as you did not list the health of your pup and the food you are feeding him. I would be happy to give you some advice on feeding if you email me at labbrats@8pawsup.com with this information.

Lab smiles!

April 07, 2008 2:26 PM  
Blogger i said...

That's a lovely way of enjoying tea, with the good companion of us doggies :-) I love ice cubes too :-)

April 08, 2008 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home