My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Dry Patches on Elbows

"She is getting old" says my husband. Dakota is not getting old! She is not even 2.5 years old; that is far from old! His determination of old are the small rough dry patches developing on Dakota's elbows. Such patches do happen with age but that is because, through the years, dogs lay down. These are calluses. Just like humans get them from rubbing against something too much, dogs get them as well. Dakota's calluses are simple - they are caused by rubbing against concrete too much while she is laying out in our yard and sunning herself.

Chocolate Labrador Retriever - Dakota
Dakota does not stay still - she is in constant flux. When you move, she moves. Well, think about a dog rubbing its elbows against a hard surface continuously; every time she gets up and down. That is sure to cause some rough marks on the elbows. This though, should not be occurring at such a young age - at least not as far as we are concerned. To us, it means she is laying down too much instead of playing or laying on natural growth such as grass or even dirt. Such is the life of a city dog.

Chocolate Labrador Retriever - Cheyenne
Of course, I use this as an excuse to buy a lake front home even more! That way the Lab Brats get their water, Dakota lays down on natural turf, and I get the home of my dreams. My husband thinks I am just pulling at straws to get what I want. So what! If it makes the dogs happy while I get my dream home then hand me that straw!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home