My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Much better!

Dakota is at daycare and Cheyenne is asleep in her crate. Oh, how I love the peaceful moments when the pups are at bay. (smile) That is not to say that I don't love my chocolate labs - I love them more than I can express. But, even the greatest of loves needs a break every once in a while. Puppies are a lot of work. Labrador Retrievers with high energy and strong tough bodies are sometimes hard to keep up with. Put them both together and you have a couple of very tired owners.

But, I cannot complain. Cheyenne, our almost 9-week old puppy is doing very well with her housebreaking now. Both she and I (my husband included) are starting to understand how each other work. The first couple of days are hard to both dog and owner as you learn about each other and start to settle in. Now, we know that once she wakes from a nap, out to potty she must go. She is already getting the hang of going to the bathroom on queue when we say "go potty" and we know that if she starts to cry for no reason when she is out of her crate, that means she has to poop real bad. It may not seem like much to other people but if you have ever owned a puppy then you know what a big deal this is. She is now starting to communicate with us and she is starting to understand us as well. What does that bring? One happy family!

Chocolate Lab Asleep in Shoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home