My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Can't Wait!

No, I am serious! I can't wait! I truly can't wait! (laugh) What am I on about? Well, I can't wait until Cheyenne is big enough to go to doggie daycare with her sister, Dakota! (laugh) Yes, two days in and we are both exhausted. She is wonderful and we are so happy we have her - just the potty training stinks! Cheyenne is goo during the night - 3-4 times on schedule but during the day she can't seem to hold it. We will take her out to go potty, be done with it, come inside, and 20 minutes later she is squatting somewhere. She doesn't drink a lot of water but it seems someone has turned on the well and wont turn it off. (laugh)

A couple of things my husband and I have agreed on: 1) The carpets will be professionally cleaned in the spring and 2) This is the last puppy we are getting. Sure, we will have other dogs in the future but we have this infactuation with being able to sleep more than 2 hours uninterrupted. (laugh) All in all, we are very pleased with our Dakota and Cheyenne. They are both getting along great and tomorrow we head back to doggie daycare for Dakota. This will allow me more one-on-one time with Cheyenne to train her and get this potty training done with. Yes, I do work but I am off tomorrow for my birthday - perfect timing to spend quality training time with Cheyenne. If you don't have one-on-one training (like I did with Dakota), things take quite a bit longer. We know she wont be able to hold it the entire night until around 4 months of age but if we don't start working on signals, she is going to be a grandma before she learns how to go outside only. :)

Also, we have finally gotten a chance to get pictures of the two chocolate lab girls on our website so please feel free to visit http://www.angelcove.us and click on the "Pictures" link to see our beautiful labbies for yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home