My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Email the Lab Brats!

Email us for questions on Labrador Retrievers
After much debate, I have finally decided to open my brain to the rest of the world. Luckily, this is a virtual surgery for I need every last brain cell to remain sane with two highly energetic Labrador Retrievers and to remain happily married as well.

(Did you notice the dogs came before the husband? *laugh*)

Comments are great and I totally encourage posting comments to my blog posts. However, many people have been wanting a more personal communication form to ask questions about dog health, life, breed specifics, training or to just send some puppy love. Your wish is my command!

For our special virtual doggy family, you can now Email the Lab Brats family! Just click on the cool looking link in our sidebar to Contact Us and you will be whisked over to an easy to use email form where you can ask questions, leave feedback or send me pictures of your beloved canine companions.

So send us your dog mail and who knows, you or your dog related topic may just make our next blog post! *wink*


Special Thanks
Chocolate Lab "dog mail" graphic provided by Art By Angi.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just curious how long this "advice" will last. It was less than a year ago that you posted "So many Lab dog owners and lovers have written me; seeking advice based on my own personal experience. The thing is that I really don't have enough time in my schedule there days to answer the flood of emails. That is why I will no longer be giving one-on-one Lab advice to other dog owners"

What has changed?

March 05, 2009 2:27 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Great question Beth!

The advice will run as long as the Lab Brats blog continues to run.

When I originally opened the doors to "advice", I had gotten very sick and had surgery last year to help fix what was broken. That, and the fact that the email address itself was getting spammed, caused a halt to the "advice".

What has changed? Well, I am doing much better on the health front, I now use an online form program to submit questions so it takes care of spam, and the most important reason is because the difficult economic times have caused many dog owners to stress and easily turn their dogs over to shelters. Just this past weekend, we were getting our city dog licenses when there were two separate calls into animal control: 1) two yellow Labs left confined outside in frigid temps and 2) a chocolate Lab roaming the streets. That confirmed to me that dog owners, and Labs especially, need a shoulder and free advice to let them know not to give up and teach them how to be a responsible dog owner when it comes to Labs especially.

Also, I have gotten back in touch with two friends from high school that are very successful veterinarians - who have agreed to help answer some of the more "medical" side of questions. :)

So, yes, the free advice is so important that it is now a permanent fixture on the blog. :)

March 06, 2009 6:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you are doing better! I love your blog and I love your advice! I was just hoping you wouldn't stop doing it again!
Thanks for the answer!

March 06, 2009 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home