My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How Embarrassing!

Milwaukee Runway Dog Park
Ever have one of those moments that is both embarrassing and funny at the same time?

Yesterday the Lab Brats daddy and I took the dogs to the local off leash Dog Park after work. Normally we don’t go during the week but my husband thought it would be a great idea to let the girls get some Lab energy out since you never know what the weather is going to be like in the Midwest.

It was crowded! I haven't seen so many people in such a long time and the Lab Brats were in heaven. They went around to every dog in the normal pup greeting and trotted off next to us down the path.

That was when it happened. Cheyenne had to make a poop stop and I was right behind her with bag in hand ready to clean up. I was not more than 6 inches from my pup when this other dog came up and started to sniff her poop as she was going. All this time, I heard the owner behind me calling for his dog but he didn't budge.

Cheyenne was done and started to walk away. As I bent down to pick it up, the same dog took a closer sniff. I tried to tell him to leave and it all happened so fast that I am still in disbelief! He didn't eat it, he bent his head down and rolled his entire body onto the soft poop... making sure the "wonderful" odor was smashed deep into the fur on his head and back. OMG! Did he just do that???

I had no choice but to turn around and head back to my husband - empty bag still in hand. There was nothing left: well nothing left on the ground that is. *huge laugh* My husband was laughing so hard and shaking his head while I walked back stunned and quite embarrassed for the other dog owner.

As soon as I reached my husband, I told him it was all his fault. "My fault?!?" he exclaimed. "Yes, it is all your fault because if you hadn't fed her all that delicious watermelon, her poop wouldn't have smelled so good that the poor dog had no choice but to roll in it." I laughed with a twinkle in my eye.

We continued our walk along the path with our two wonderful dogs at our side and an empty poop bag in my hand while silently thanking God for the dogs we have.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOOOVE this post! My lab baby loves watermelon too! I'll have to be sure to scoop the poop quickly after watermelon time!
I can't even imagine being the person who's dog rolled around in the poop! How do you get the dog home??? BLECH!
If I were you I would have had tears streaming down my face from laughter! I pretty much did here at my desk!

April 22, 2008 8:50 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks Beth! :)

I did have tears streaming down my face and just kept telling my husband how thankful I was that our girls don't do that! LOL

Of course, I noticed the dog when we first got to the park and told my husband that we should be careful because the dog was all wet and slimy and I thought it was mud. Seems Cheyenne's may not have been the first pile of poop he rolled in that day! LMAO

~Shannon

April 22, 2008 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!- I was laughing so hard when I read this. I had to read it out loud to my husband and had really hard time reading it without laughing. I would have probably would have been mortified but yet thankful that my baby does not do that.
Those lab brats brighten my day with their events. Keep them coming.
Tanya

April 22, 2008 7:30 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks Tanya! Part of me wishes I could have video taped the event but then I would either gross out my blog readers or make them fall out of their seats laughing so hard that I would get sued. LOL

April 22, 2008 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon it's Cobi's owner Megam you gave me the advice on Cobi's diet anyways on Sunday Cobi ran away. He came back just hewas covered in Cow Poop. He looked a bit like Dakota!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LO LOL LOL LOL

April 23, 2008 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home