My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 30, 2007

NY Times Article on Melamine

If you are like me, then this whole dog food recall scares has you sitting on pins and needles every day. Sure, we feed Eagle Pack and we believe heavily in their quality control but that doesn't mean that something cannot slip through their sensitive radars as well. It truly makes us contemplate putting the Lab Brats on a cooked raw food diet instead of trusting our beloved dogs to the manufacturing companies.

With that said, our research produced an article today written for the NY Times that we thought others may want to read about. It is on melamine, its uses, and the current investigation that prompted the dog food recalls of several brands.



We would love to hear feedback from other concerned dog owners on this news article. Have you switched your dog food? Has your dog been effected by tainted food and what course of action are you taking to make sure your dog is safe?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Dog Boarding said...

Hi Lab Brats =)
I've been reading your blog for a while, but this is the first time I'm commenting.
I've been worried a lot lately about the recalls. Luckily, Purina hasn't made any large recalls of dry food and since I feed Purina One to my dog and my cat, I've skirted the dilemma. But with new recalls coming out every other day, I never know when or if Purina will have a recall. I, like you, have been considering dropping the manufactured food for a while and starting on a raw food diet. My dog is still a pup and would probably adadpt to the change, but I know that my Siamese will freak out if there's a change in what she eats. I suppose for now, I'll sit back and keep feeding dry food, but if these recalls get worse, or if Purina is mentioned, then it's raw food diet for Orion and Lani!

-Orion's mom

May 01, 2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I fully understand where you are coming from and I can tell you that I am keeping an extra close eye on Purina and Purina One as well. My aunt's dog is on Purina One and it is the only food that dog will eat. So, if Purina One gets recalled, I will most definitely be posting it! Let's keep our paws crossed we never see it on the recall list though!

May 01, 2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home